CHARLOTTE SPRING CLASSIC
The Charlotte Spring Classic is an open, over-the-board tournament, with a guaranteed prize fund of $7,000.
March 26-28, 2021
Hilton Charlotte University Place
8629 J M Keynes Drive
Charlotte, NC 28262
$92/Night - Free Internet, Parking, Discount on Entry (up to 2 per room)
Online registration only. US Chess membership required.
To maximize social distancing, registrations may be limited. Register early!
Championship: G/90, increment 30
Other sections: G/120, delay 5
2-Day Rounds 1 and 2: G/45, delay 5
$1000 + plaque – 500 – 300 – 200, top U2200 $500 – 300 FIDE-rated
$800 + plaque – 400 – 300, top U1800 $400 – 200
$700 + plaque – 400 – 200, top U1400 $400 – 200, top U1200 $200
Plaques given by US Chess Standard Tiebreak
Saturday: 12:00pm & 5:30pm
Sunday: 11:00am & 4:30pm
Rounds 1 & 2 at 12:00pm and 2:30pm on Saturday then merge with 3-day schedule
$125 by March 10, 2021
$139 by March 23, 2021
$150 after, no onsite registration - all registration ends March 25 11:59pm EST
GM/IM Free, no deduction from prize if registered by 3/10. $100 deducted from prize after 3/10.
$10 EF discount if staying at hotel until room block expires, up to 2 discounts per room. Reserve early!
Refunds: Withdrawals are subject to a 5% transaction fee by March 25, no refunds after March 25.
Up to 2 optional half-point byes, request at registration.
Must be within 100 points of next section to play up (i.e. 1900+ to enter Championship).
Unrated players must enter U1600 and are eligible for place prizes.
Boards, sets, clocks provided (must use our equipment)
March US Chess (OTB) ratings used for pairings and prizes in all sections.
This event will not be canceled or postponed. We have a very large playing hall, and will be taking many preventative measures to ensure the safety of our players:
· Mandatory temperature checks prior to entering the tournament hall.
· Venue facilities, tournament hall, and chess equipment will be thoroughly cleaned and disinfected daily.
· Players and parents who are sick will be asked to stay home.
· Spectators and parents will not be allowed in the tournament hall.
· One board per table, promoting social distancing.
· Players will not shake hands before and after games.
· Hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, masks, and gloves will be placed throughout the tournament hall.
· Masks are required - gloves and face shields are also recommended.